Do you love to eat sushi? Me too! But, sometimes I don’t know what to pair with it. Wine, beer, hard liquor? You all know I love beer, so naturally that is my alcoholic beverage of choice. Here are my favorite beer pairing for sushi.
Top 5 Beers that Pair Well With Sushi (And Where to Eat It!)
1. Hitachino Nest Real Ginger Brew (Japan)
- Style: Herbed/Spice beer
- ABV: 7% alcohol
- Price: $8.00
2. Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Sah’Tea (Delaware, NJ)
- Style: Sahti (Ancient Ale)
- ABV: 9% alcohol
- Price: $14.00
3. Kirin Ichiban (Japan)
- Style: American Pale Lager
- ABV: 5% alcohol
- Price: $8.00/ six-pack
4. Ommegang Witte
- Style: Witbier
- ABV: 5.2% alcohol
- Price: $10.00/six-pack
5. Rogue Brewery Morimoto Soba Ale
- Style: Fruit/Vegetable
- ABV: 4.8% alcohol
- Price: $8.00/six-pack
Many sushi spots are BYOB so pick of one of these brews and go chow down on some sushi. If you’re looking for some great places to get sushi in northern NJ, check out this “Top 5″ list on my friend Judy’s blog, Ingluttonous Bstrd.
1. Masago Restaurant, Ridgewood, NJ – specialty rolls for a tight budget!
2. East Restaurant, Teaneck, NJ - if you’re looking for sushi on the go!
3. Sushi Village, Westwood, NJ - All you can eat sushi, need I say more.
Tip: BYOB, so if you’re looking to celebrate – you’ve got your spot.
4. Teak On The Hudson, Hoboken, NJ – Ambiance, ambiance, ambiance.
5. Sushi Cruise, Edgewater, NJ – Sushi with a view.
Click here to read the full article.