Beer adds great flavor to many dishes, but I never realized that it can also be used for desserts. I came across this great recipe for Young’s Double Chocolate Cheesecake on The Beer Cook.
Ingredients:(Serving size is about 18 mini-cheesecakes)
- 40 graham crackers (~ 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup Young’s Double Chocolate Stout
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Young’s Double Chocolate Stout
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crush the graham crackers finely and combine with the butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottoms of greased muffin tins or baking cups.
- Bake the crusts alone for about 5 minutes.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs as you continue mixing.
- Mix in the beer.
- Pour filling into the muffin tins and bake for about 22 minutes until set.
- For the chocolate sauce, bring the half and half to a simmer with the butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, sugar and beer.