If you love to drink beer as much as I do, then I bet you have tons of empty bottles. If you’re looking for something crafty to do, here are 3 fun ways to recycle your bottles in an artisitic way:
Materials (for 1 coaster):
- 8 bottle caps
- A piece of cork board (to absorb the condensation)
- A glue gun (can use super glue if you don’t have a hot glue gun)
- Cut the cork in a circle with a diameter of approximately four inches or any shapre that you want your coaster to be.
- Organize the eight bottle caps with one in the middle and seven around the center in a circle. (You can create other designs with different numbers of bottlecaps)
- Put hot glue (or super glue) on the base of the bottom of the bottle cap and place it on the desired position on the cork circle.
- Wait for the glue to dry and your bottle-cap coasters are ready to use!
2. Beer Bottle Lamp
Materials (for 1 lamp):
- Bottle: Can you use beer or champagne bottle, but make sure it is sturdy enough to support the lamp’s hardware.
- “Lamp” kit, which can be purchased from your local hardware store for about $11 or you can use these materials: a stabilizing plug to fit your bottle opening (rubber stopper) with a hole in the middle, a short section of threaded bar to fit inside the stopper, a basic bulb socket with cap, switch, and shell, some electrical wire and a wall plug.
- Lamp harp to support shade
- Wingnut to secure shade to harp
- Utility knife
- Small phillips head screwdriver
Click here for step-by-step instructions to make your own lamp.
- Glass bottle: Any size or style will work
- Chalkboard spraypaint ($5)
- Remove labels from the bottle(s): You can soak bottles in water to make this process easier
- Spray two coats of the spraypaint on each bottle and allow to dry thoroughly
- Once the paint is dry, be creative and use chalk to write to write or draw anything you want
- Glass Bottles (with label removed)
- Spray Paint: Color of your choice
- Painter’s Tape (Thinner is probably better so you can create more intricate designs
- Puff Paint (Optional)
- Spray bottle with two layers of paint
- Once it’s dry, you can make designs using the tape
- Use puff paint to create artwork that “pops”
- Fill bottles with water and add a flower of your choice