Summer us here and that means grilling season is upon us! Fortunatley, there are tons of recipes that incorporate two of my favorite things- grilling and steak. This recipe for Beer & Barbeque Flank Steak from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs features a BBQ sauce that will leave you licking your fingers and reaching for another bite!
Ingredients: (Serves approximately 4-6 people)
- 1 – 1½lb flank steak
- ⅓ cup beer
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Montreal Steak Spice (If you don’t have this you can mix up your own blend using: ¼ tsp. paprika, ¼ – ½ tsp. black pepper, ¼ – ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes)
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside.
- Using a fork, pierce the flank steak all over, front and back.
- Put the steak into a large ziplock bag.
- Add the marinade and seal the bag.
- Make sure the steak is well coated in the marinade.
- Let the steak sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours. *TIP: Marinade overnight for extra flavor!
- When you are ready to cook it, preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- Brush the grill with a little bit of oil, add your steak, and sear it on both sides.
- Turn the heat to medium, and cook each side about 7 minutes for medium temperature. Cook each side more or less if you like your steak rare of well-done.
- Remove the steak from the BBQ and let it rest about 5 minute.
- Slice it up your Beer & BBQ Flank Steak and serve. *TIP: When slicing flank steak, make sure to cut against the grain of the meat.
Rememer, marinating steak in beer significantly reduces the amount of carcinogens in the meat. Click here to read more. Following this recipe will result in fabulous-tasting meat, but will also make it healthier! Bon Appetit!