The Fourth of July came and went in a blink of an eye. If you had as much fun as I did, you just don’t want to let the festivities be over. Remind yourself of the fun you had with this 4th of July Beer Breakfast with Beer Pancakes with Macerated Strawberries and Blueberries.
Ingredients: (Recipe yields about 6 servings)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For strawberry-blueberry sauce:
- 1 cup mixed strawberries and blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Place berries in a small bowl.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Allow to sit for up to 30 minutes.
- The berries will soften and make a sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, beer, and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient mixture and stir just until combined.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, place 1/4 cup of batter in pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side (or until golden brown), flip and cook the other side for an additional 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with strawberry-blueberry sauce.
I can’t wait to make these pancakes this weekend! Plus, strawberries and blueberries are in season so I’m sure this will be more delicious than ever. If you’re interested in “cooking cheaply, eating well,” stop by Haley’s website, Cheap Recipe Blog.