I don’t know about you, but when it’s this hot outside, I don’t feel like doing anything! Except for drinking a great, cold beer ;)! I wanted to find a recipe that didn’t involve much work or heated up my house, but satisfied my hunger. Thus, Gorgonzola IPA Crackers from Beer and Baking.
Ingredients: (Makes about 30-50 crackers)
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 tablespoons of cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup of beer ( This recipe used Four Peaks Hop Knot IPA)
- In a food processor pulse together the flour, salt, cheese, and butter.
- Add the beer until the mixture comes together into a ball.
- Put the mixture in some plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using the wonderful trick of rolling out dough between two sheets of plastic wrap, roll out your dough to about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a pasta wheel cutter cut your cracker shapes.
- Put onto a silpat or parchment paper and then stab with a fork to create air holes.
- Add salt or any other topping to your desire. Put the crackers in the oven for about 10-15 minutes before baking them so they kept the shape better.
- Bake for 15 minutes. I rotated them halfway through and waited to take them out until I could see a little browning on the crackers.
- Allow to cool completely.
TIP: These crackers last about 3 to 4 days so eat them while they’re fresh for the best taste!
These crackers will be perfect for any gathering or late night snack. I can also see myself making a little basket full of these crackers and some craft beers for a great birthday gift. I can’t wait to try this recipe!