Beer and bacon are right up there with some of my favorite things so this recipe caught my attention immediately. Tide and Thyme have some really fun and innovative recipes on their site that really impressed me. This recipe for Beer-Candied Bacon was just over the top I couldn’t resist! I mean come on, what more do you need to hear after the words beer, candy and bacon? Delicious!
- 1 lb. thick-cut, high-quality bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup beer (The recipe used Dogfish Head Chicory Stout)
- 2 tbsp. beer
- Preheat overn to 400 degrees farenheight.
- Combine brown sugar and beer in a small bowl, whisking the ingrediens into a thin syrup.
- Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Please a wire cooling roack on top.
- Place the bacon on the rack and cook for 10 minutes (The bacon can overlap if necessary)
- Remove the bacon from the oven and brush one side with “beer syrup.”
- Flip the bacon and coat the other side with syrup.
- Cook for 10 more miniyes
- Remove from oven and repeat 1-2 times until desired crispiness/brownness is achieved. (Tip: Or until all the syrup has been used)
- Cool on wire rack for at least one hour.
If you’re looking for some other new cooking ideas, check out Laura’s Twitter page an site for a wide-range of awesome dishes. Enjoy!