Super Bowl Sunday is more than just the big game. I always see it as an opportunity to get together with friends, drink good beer and eat some yummy snacks of course. After eating traditional Super Bowl snacks like chips, pretzels and peanuts I always crave something sweet. This recipe for Beer, Chocolate, Peanut and Pretzel Cookies from Heather Christo combines all of these delicious flavors in to one delicious treat in a short amount of time and few easy steps.
Preparation time: 10 mins.
Cooking time: 12 mins
Ingredients (Makes about two dozen cookies):
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup beer (This recipe uses Guinness, but I think Young’s Double Chocolate Stout sounds like it would work well!)
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups peanut M&Ms
- 1 ½ cups pretzel M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Prepare sheet pans with silpats or parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until fully mixed together.
- Mix the beer in.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and then add them to the batter.
- Gently mix in the M&Ms.
- Scoop the cookies onto the prepared sheet pans and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and slightly under-baked.
- Let the cookies cool before removing them from the pan.