Beer is more than just a drink. Women (and men) have used beer for skin and hair health for centuries. Some studies indicate that these traditions are more than just an old wives tale. Here are my Top 5 Beer Beauty Products. Cheers!
- Double IPA Lip Balm ($6.50): This moisturizing lip balm from Atlantic Farms Lip Balms is made with organic hops flower essential oils, beeswax and enriched with vitamin e. Hello luscious lips!
- Stout Shampoo ($10 – $30): Quench your thirsty locks with this organic, vegan stout shampoo from Cynthia Sylvia loaded with proteins to give you soft, shiny voluminous hair.
- Pale Ale or Porter Body Wash ($10): Cleanse your skin with B vitamins, proteins, minerals and natural silicon found in beer with this body wash from BRÖÖ available in Citrus Pale Ale and Oatmeal Porter.
- Bohemian Lager Spray or Solid Perfume ($9 – $40): Evoke your senses with these scents infused with rich aged lager blended with nuances of creamy pumpkin, dark patchouli, oak resin and subtle spice. Plus, the packaging is so cute you’ll want to show this off everywhere you go! I like the spray, but the solid perfume is great when you’re on the go.
- Pivní Beer Body Lotion ($16): This Czech “body milk” will moisturize your skin with makadam oil, palmitoleic acid and the compounds, allantoin and panthenol, found in beer. This lotion is only available for purchase from a company based in Cyprus. They will ship to the U.S., but shipping costs may vary. Double check your order total before purchasing.