Enjoy a slice of Carlsberg Beer Coffee Cake heaven with this easy recipe from No Frills Recipes.
- 12 oz. plain flour
- 9 oz. brown sugar
- 8 oz. butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 oz. lightly roasted chopped walnuts
- 5 oz. pitted chopped dates
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups beer
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon set aside.
- Dust the dates with some of this mixture.
- Cream butter with brown sugar till smooth and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Fold in flour alternatively with the beer, blend well.
- Stir in walnuts and dates, mix well, scrapping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Spoon batter into a well greased and flour dusted 10 cup Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° Fahrenheit for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until brown.
- Test with a skewer until it comes out clean.
- Let cake stand in pan for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar, if desired.