I am a HUGE fan of risotto. I think it’s because I rarely get to have it, but now that I came across this easy recipe from Food Ramblings, Beef and Beer Risotto will easily become one of my favorite recipes to make. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Makes about 4 servings):
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 12 oz. beer (Recipe uses Wise Cracker Wit, but you can use any Belgian Wit)
- 2 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 oz. shredded swiss cheese
- 4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, sliced
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and beef.
- Break apart and brown meat.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, add the rice and mushrooms and stir until the rice is toasted (This should take about 4 minutes.)
- Add a third of the beer to the toasted rice; cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Then continue to add beer two more times until the bottle is empty.
- Add the broth is 1/2 cup increments.
- Wait until the liquid is absorbed before adding additional liquid to the pan.
- Cook until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in the butter, cheese and spinach until well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.