Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style this year with this scrumptious recipe from This Dish is Veg.
Ingredients (For Guacamole):
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup Bohemia beer (I used Breckenridge Regal Pilsner)
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- Guacamole mix (Tip: You can make your own seasoning using 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper and a splash of lime juice)
- Tortilla chips
(For Tecate Fresh Salsa)
- 2 cups fresh tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) beer (This recipe uses Tecate)
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) chopped onion into 1/8 inch
- 1/8 cup (1 oz.) seedless jalapeños without seeds and diced
- 1/8 cup (1 oz.) finely chopped fresh cilantro
Directions (For Guacamole):
- Cut avocados in half by rotating the knife all the way around the pit. Twist the two halves apart, then scoop out the pits.
- With a spoon, scoop the pulp into a large bowl.
- Coarsely mash with a spoon or potato masher.
- Stir in the Guacamole Mix, cilantro and salt to taste.
- Divide equally among three serving bowls.
- Mix sun-dried tomatoes with beer and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let stand until tomatoes are softened.
- Strain off beer and coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Stir tomatoes and red peppers into the guacamole.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Directions (For Salsa):
- Combine all ingredients on a bowl and refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours before serving (Tip: Don’t remove the seeds/membrane of the jalapeños to make the salsa spicier)