Grilling season is officially here and I couldn’t be more ready! BBQ Like It’s Hot has the right idea this summer. The perfect combination of moist, smoky pork with a bit of char from the grill combined with fresh bread and salad greens will make these Grilled Smoky Pork Subs a must have at any BBQ this season.
- About 1 3/4 lbs. pork rump
- ½ cup beer (Pale ale)
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Italian style bread rolls
- Salad greens
- Cut pork into large cubes and place in large bowl.
- In a small bowl add beer, paprika (mild and smoked), oregano and garlic.
- Mix until paprika is dissolved and then cover the pork with spice mixture.
- Cover and leave to marinade for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Prepare grill for direct high heat.
- While grill is heating, remove pork from fridge to allow to get to room temperature.
- Put cubes of meat onto metal skewers and grill directly over coals until pork is cooked all the way through.
- Serve pork on Italian style bread rolls over a bed of salad greens.