I’m sick of the typical BBQ food. I’ve been eating it all summer long and am craving something else, preferably a bit healthier. Shrimp is quick and easy to make; with a simple marinade you can elevate plain grilled shrimp into a delicious meal. Grilled Drunken Barbeque Shrimp from Through Heather’s Looking Glass add some flavor to your meal without the extra work.
- 1-4 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 17.5 oz. bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce
- 1 12 oz. bottle of beer
- 1 stick of butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the sauce, heat the barbeque sauce, beer, and butter just until the butter is melted and the beer is incorporated.
- Add the cayenne pepper and lemon juice and let the sauce come to room temperature.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and let it rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Then, add the cooled sauce and let it marinate for another 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat your grill to 300-350° Fahrenheit and grill the shrimp for 1-3 minutes per side.
- You can also reserve some of the sauce before you add the shrimp, reduce it by half (just keep cooking it in the pot until you have half the liquid you started with), and use it as a dipping sauce or drizzle over the cooked shrimp if you want even more sauciness on your shrimp.