‘Tis the season for everything pumpkin. Why not jump on the bandwagon, right? I stumbled upon this recipe for Pumpkin-Honey Beer Quick Bread from wait for it… Cooking Light. I didn’t know it was possible for a dish with the words “beer” and “bread” to be light, but I’m ready to eat it.
Ingredients (Makes 2 loaves):
- 14.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup honey beer at room temperature (You can use any beer you want)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, salt, and next 4 ingredients (through pumpkin pie spice) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine 1/2 cup water and flaxseed.
- Place sugar and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl
- Beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended.
- Add flaxseed mixture and pumpkin; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- Divide batter between 2 (9 x 5–inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° Farenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire rack.