It’s fall and finally time to indulge in some of your favorite comfort foods that you’ve been missing out on all summer. I’ve been cooking outdoors for the last few months and I have to admit I am excited to get back in the kitchen. Beer Mac and Cheese from A Spicy Perspective is the perfect dish to welcome your taste buds to fall. If you like this recipe, I highly recommend visiting A Spicy Perspective for more mouthwatering recipes.
- 1 pound DeLallo macaroni noodles
- 12 ounce bottled beer (IPA)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound shredded cheddar, off the block (not pre-shredded)
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- Place a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil.
- Once boiling, cook the macaroni according to package instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour a bottle of beer in a second large pot. (Choose a light crisp beer that you like to drink.)
- Place the pot over high heat, and add the cream cheese. As the beer starts to simmer, break the cream cheese into pieces with a whisk and whisk into the beer.
- Add the shredded cheddar.
- Warm and whisk until completely smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, pour it into the cheese sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir and cook another 3 minutes to thicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, scoop the beer mac and cheese into bowls and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
NOTE: If you let the mac and cheese sit too long and it firms up, place back over heat and stir in a little water to loosen the sauce.